Visegrad Literary Residency Program
|The newly established by the InternationalVisegrad Fund, the Visegrad Literary Residency Program consists of a series of residency stays and literary events addressed to writers of fiction and non-fiction, poets, essayists, critics as well as literary translators, publicists and journalists from the Visegrad Countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia).|
It is based on a partnership of 4 Host Institutions, one in each V4 country: Institut umeni (Arts Institute) in Prague, Petőfi Irodalmi Múzeum (Petőfi Literary Museum) in Budapest, Stowarzyszenie Willa Decjusza (Villa Decius Association) in Krakow and Literarné informačné centrum (Centre for Information on Literature) in Bratislava.
The Program will provide opportunities to host from and in all V4 member states and to support work and mobility of talented Literary Residents, to create a platform for information exchange and to support development and promotion of the V4 literature in Central Europe.
The Villa Decius Association acts as the Coordinator of the Program.
The 2012 edition of the Program will enable 16 Literary Residents to carry their literary projects in 4 Host Institutions in the period of: 1st September – 30th November 2012.
Each of the Host Institutions will be responsible for organising a stay of a group of 4 Literary Residents (one from the Czech Republic, one from Hungary, one from Poland and one from Slovakia), who will be working on their individual literary projects, and also participate together in a literary event organised in the hosting city.
The recruitment process of 16 grantees of the Program (4 from the Czech Republic, 4 from Hungary, 4 from Poland and 4 Slovakia) will be based on individual applications submitted via an online application form, which will be opened on the website of the Villa Decius Association.
The residences will be assigned to applicants by the Selection Panel on the basis of proportional and equal involvement of Czech, Hungarian, Polish and Slovak residents and Host Institutions.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Visegrad Literary Residency Program
Application and criteria
Who can apply for a scholarship?
- writers of fiction and non-fiction, poets and literary translators with at least one book publication (min. 18 years old)
- essayists, critics, publicists and journalists with at least 3 publications in quality newspapers, magazines or electronic media (min. 18 years old)
How to apply for a scholarship?
- each applicant has to fill in the online application form (in English) containing:
- structured CV
- description of the literary plans for the residency
- list of publications
- motivation letter
- each applicant may attach other documents, recommendations etc. (in English) which she/he finds important for evaluating her/his application
What does the scholarship include?
- Accommodation in a shared apartment in the chosen Host City (one-person rooms with washroom facilities and free internet access, shared kitchen) from 1st September to 30th November 2012
- A monthly stipend of 750 EUR gross
- Support from the Host Institution in preparing for the stay, in organizing literary meetings, interviews and workshops as well as networking with publishers and literary critics
Criteria of selection and access to the Program
Criteria of selection:
- professional approach towards literary work documented by previous work
- quality and credibility of residency plans presented in the application form
- good reputation and clear record in cooperation with the International Visegrad Fund
- willingness to participate in a public meeting organized by the Host Institution
Access to the Program:
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the Visegrad Group states, ie: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
- Applicants’ previous projects supported by the International Visegrad Fund shall be finished and closed in the time of applying.
- Applicants shall be granted a Literary Residency within this Program only once in each V4 member state.
- Applicants must cover the costs of health insurance for the period of the Literary Residency by themselves.
Opening call for application: 4 June 2012
Deadline for application: 4 July 2012 (midnight)
Results announced by IVF and Villa Decius Association: 3 August 2012
More information and helpdesk:
Małgorzata Różańska-Braniecka / email@example.com
Gabriella Gulyás / firstname.lastname@example.org